2022 Board of Directors Timeline
The election process to elect a new board for Al-Hijra Mosque and School will take place according to the following schedule and guidelines:
- The election date will be on Sunday – Jan 16, 2022 inside Al-Hijra school gymnasium from 10:00 am until 12:30 p.m.
- Early voting will be on Wednesday, Jan. 12, 2022, form 6:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m.
- The election committee will start accepting the nomination forms from voting members as of Monday – Dec 20, 2021 until Sat. Jan 1, 2022 (7.30 p.m.)
- All nomination forms must be deposited in the drop box, which is located inside Al-Hijra mosque and labeled “Nomination Forms”. Any nomination form delivered in any other way will not be considered.
- Nomination forms will be available inside Al-Hijra mosque as well as on Al-Hijra website for downloading.
After collecting the nomination forms, the election committee will contact the eligible nominees to get their consent to run for the suggested positions. If the contacted nominee failed to respond within 48 hours, this will be considered as a declination.
- On Friday, Jan. 7, 2022, the election committee will post the names of the running candidates inside Al-Hijra Mosque as well as on Al-Hijra website.
- Each candidate will run for ONLY ONE position and therefore, the non-winning candidate will not be given another chance to run for any other position he/she was (also) nominated for. Based on this, one ballot only will be available for the voters during the Election Day, which allows for a smooth and transparent elections process that is free of any friction, doubts, or resentment feelings.
The nomination form is available for download below:
On Behalf of the Election Committee